The TTK 210 Live Fiber Trace and Tone kit provides all of the necessary tools to allow the technician to identify available fibers in the F2 portion of the FTTx network. This trace technique provides identification without the disruption of existing subscribers for purposes of re-route or cutover.
To trace a specific fiber for cutover simply place a compatible light source into its 2kHz modulation mode and plug it on to the fiber. At the distribution hub place the LFI 110 onto the RP 450. Place the fiber under test into the LFI slot and depress the trigger to look for an active channel or the fiber with 2kHz designated for cutover. When the correct fiber is traced the RP 450 will provide an audible tone identifying the fiber for cutover. The LFI 110 is designed to place a controlled loss onto the fiber to prevent an alarm condition on an active channel.
The TTK 210 Trace and Tone test kit comes supplied in a field rugged hard carry case and includes a SC to SC patch cord.
- Detachable Assembly Conveniently Combines an Optical Power Meter with a Live Fiber Identifier
- Accommodates 250 µm Bare Fiber to 3 mm Jacketed Fiber
- NIST Traceable Measurements
- Set Reference / Zero Functionality
- Single Mode or Multi-Mode Testing
- Compatible with All Connector Styles
- Includes Hard Carry Case